Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
TranZed Apprenticeships offers Registered Apprenticeships in IT, Cyber Security, and Digital/Social Media throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. TranZed is currently seeking a Technology Instructor able to provide high-quality, individualized learning and skill assessment of registered apprentices. Apprentices range in age, ability and experience and hold various positions within the IT sector. The Technology Instructor will use their extensive industry knowledge and experience to design and deliver classroom-based learning sessions that meet the individual needs of all apprentices.
TranZed is currently looking to fill a temporary adjunct instructor position with a schedule of Tuesday-Thursday from 9am-5pm for a period for 8 weeks. Adjunct will be considered for full time employment at the conclusion of the contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Individual learning Plans to meet the specific needs of all Apprentices, including technical skills and knowledge required for their job role as well as professional conduct and soft skills such as effective communication and problem solving.
- Plan and deliver on-the-job and classroom-based learning, using a variety of appropriate teaching and learning methods to maintain interest and ensure learning.
- Monitor and record learner progress and take action to support and maintain progress where progress has stalled and Apprentices are not on track to achieve their goals in the agreed timeframe.
- Plan and carry out assessment activities using a range of appropriate assessment methods to determine and evidence occupational competence of Apprentices.
- Produce timely, constructive written and verbal feedback on performance to both Apprentices and employers.
- Experience with various training environments
- Be comfortable with both individual and small group trainings.
- Cultivate and maintain productive and professional relationships with apprentices and employers to ensure the apprenticeship program is meeting the needs of all parties.
- Maintain accurate and timely student records on attendance and progress using the processes expected by management.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in meetings and events as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A thorough and up-to-date knowledge of Information Technology used in the workplace.
- Ability to plan and deliver learning and assessment activities using a variety of appropriate methods to meet individual needs.
- Ability to connect subject matter to real work scenarios.
- Self-starting attitude with the ability to be flexible and multi-task, including the possibility of some evening or weekend work.
- Understand the importance of, and be able to deliver, accurate and timely record keeping using the processes outlined by management.
- Team player, willing to contribute ideas and expertise to further grow TranZed Apprenticeship programs and respond to colleague requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast paces ever-changing environment, where flexibility is paramount, comfortable with changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Networking, or a related field
- Experience of planning and delivering learning activities
- Project Management
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- 2-3 years IT industry experience
- Recognized teacher qualification preferred
- Vendor Qualifications preferred, A+ and CCNA
- Networking infrastructure
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft office Applications
- Active Directory
- Network and computer security
- Technical Writing
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software including; desk tops, laptops, printers, networks and operating systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Maryland driver’s license and acceptable driving record.