Saint Peters, MO
Salary: $13.00 to $23.00 /hour
The Service Desk Apprentice is the first point of contact for the users who call the IT Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Apprentice answers incoming emails/calls, tracks all information and status in our ConnectWise Service Management System, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve Tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. Troubleshoots basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provides basic desktop support. The Service Desk Apprentice escalates unresolved problems/issues/requests to the Engineering Support Team.
As an Apprentice, additional training will be offered and incremental salary raises will be issued in accordance to training.
- Attained A+ and Net+ Certifications or A+ and CCNA Certifications
- Personal Transportation
- Must have own vehicle to travel to and from client sites
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. – Being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Become familiar with each client and their software, hardware, and environments that we support.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment within client environments.
- Accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software.
- Follow established Service Desk policies and services.
- Become familiar with Company Managed Service offerings.
- Support for computer hardware and any authorized desktop software.
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network.
- Recognize the need to escalate the issue/problem to proper Engineering Support Team members when resolution is beyond your ability or availability.
- Identifies client issue trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems, and support requests.
- Prioritize and schedule problems.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to Service Desk requests.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Receive and log work requests using IT solutions provider tools and applications, such as ConnectWise Manage, Automate & Control.
- Timely and accurate documentation and close-out of work requests detailing key information as required per Service Desk practices and procedures (i.e. who, what, when, where, how, actions taken, follow-up, etc.).
- Address queries by following departmental procedures for fault resolution.
- Take ownership and responsibility of an issue from start through to a successful resolution.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; excellent phone skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to think through problems and come up with creative solutions through analyzing, researching, and planning techniques.
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
- Work on a team in a positive, collaborative approach.
- Ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives.
- Time Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Proficient in English language skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The noise environment can fluctuate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, talk, hear, and view/see. This position requires sitting for extended periods, with some standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Occasional lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such computers, servers and peripherals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will be set by the Service Delivery Manager. Some on-call availability may be required.