Howard County, MD
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Field Engineer Apprentice
Field Engineer will provide both remote and onsite IT support for our Managed Services clients. This includes resolving issues for all technologies, including; workstations, servers, printers, networks, security, vendor specific hardware and software. This is an apprenticeship opportunity so most importantly we are looking for someone who is excited and eager to learn!
Common support services include:
- Desktop/Server OS Printers, Email, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Can support Microsoft Office, virus/malware mitigation/removal, exchange email, password changes, etc.
- Cloud and local backup recovery solutions.
- Basic network support for firewall, routing, switching and remote access (SSL VPN)
- System documentation to include system reviews, recommendations, knowledge base articles and standard operating procedures.
- Adds, moves and changes for VoIP and digital phone systems
- Provide on-site proactive visits
- Foster excellent relationships with clients
- Knowledge, Skill and/or Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), active listening, and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills and ability to research/escalate as required.
- Advance understanding of:
- Desktop & Server operating systems
- Server backup solutions
- Good understanding of o switches o firewalls o IP address/sub netting o VLANs o VPN o Content filtering o Multi-Factor authentication
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work independently without direct manager oversight
- Own reliable transportation and willing to travel upwards of 30 minutes to client sites around Howard County and Baltimore City area
- Clean driving record
- Ability to dress and act professionally and maintain a “clean” presentation.
- Ability to communicate with both non-technical and technical business owners
- Capacity to properly document all time, support activities and changes to client environments.
- Ability to follow process, every time. Our business is built on process and we have zero tolerance for not following well documented standards and process
- Ability to work in a fun, high energy environment and desire to build lasting relationships with co-workers and businesses within our community.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Broad understanding of PC, server and network technologies
- Workstation imaging as well as OS and profile migration experience
- Strong communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise.
- Helpdesk ticketing system and live time tracking.
- Robust benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401k, and other benefits
- On the job training, support, and mentoring.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement
Salary will increase in conjunction to training and skills gained. Employer actively supports individual development and community service. Best of all, we have fun while we’re doing it!