Salary: $13.00 to $16.83 /hour
The Junior Information Systems Technician assists with ensuring proper computer and network operations so that business and end users function effectively and can accomplish business tasks. This includes, but not limited to, receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests, assisting with infrastructure requests, and supporting technology solutions as required for all aspects of the organization. Also helps adhere maintenance of IT policies, procedures, and best practices, using ITIL standard methodologies, as defined by the organization. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, on-site, and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Assist in the maintenance of small and medium sized business clients, which include troubleshooting server, network, desktop, and printer issues.
- Use remote software to access client computers, servers, and networking components to perform troubleshooting as needed.
- Ensure the correct deployment of end user hardware and software to include installation, imaging and deployment.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems resolution. Ensure escalation of problems when required.
- Record, track, and document all problem-solving process associated with help requests, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use of appropriate diagnostic utilities to add in troubleshooting
- Perform operations and maintenance of the desktop environment, including but not limited to, installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install and maintain desktop operating environment and associated business applications
- Assist with operation and maintenance of the BackOffice environment
- Assist with operation and maintenance of the networking infrastructure
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- 1-3 years practical experience
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Basic understanding of networking components such as routers, firewall, and switches
- Working knowledge of current and recent versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Windows Servers and Microsoft Azure.
- Exposure to and experience with Firewall and VPN networking devices
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Experience with Mac OSX Operating Systems
- On-call availability as needed
- On-site support for commercial clients in the local area
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers and peripherals
***This position is part remote (work from home) and part field work (requiring travel to on-site clients.***