Howard County, MD
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Support Engineer Apprentice
Job duties include: Provide tactical support with our Windows 7 migration team which will include visiting client sites, replacing or upgrading computers, installing applications, migrating data and other items necessary for a successful migration. Once the project is complete, this position will move to our support team to provide remote, and at times on-site, IT support to our clients. This includes resolving issues to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, security, vendor specific hardware and software. These positions are not entry level.
- Minimum of 2+ years tenure with same employer
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Proficient in Windows 7, 8, 10
- Networking o Understanding of physical and wireless connections
- Basic TCP/IP settings and troubleshooting applications
- Troubleshooting skills installing applications
- An A+ certification is helpful, though relevant work experience is more important.
- Excellent customer facing and communication skills
This is an apprenticeship opportunity so most importantly we are looking for someone eager to learn and excited to start their career in IT. Salary will increase in conjunction to training and skills gained. Employer actively supports individual development and community service. Best of all, we have fun while we’re doing it!
– Location: Elkridge, MD. Must live within or close to Howard County –
– Employer provided health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance – Profit sharing and 401k plan available after one year