Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Role and Responsibilities
The applicant must be self-motivated, outgoing and a Team player. You will be working directly with our Tier 1 Service Desk to provide them with guidance and support. Additionally, you will engage directly with clients in the field, via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams as a Tier 2 escalation point. You will also be responsible for executing against work plans to deploy, configure, and implement solutions within the client environment. Local travel is required in and around the Baltimore – Washington DC metro area.
Specific responsibilities include the following competencies:
· Tier 2 triage and resolution within established response times.
· Project-based work against firm deadlines.
· Troubleshooting network, server, and computer system problems remotely and in the field
· Deploying computers and systems to client networks, either remotely, onsite or in a Cloud-based scenario
· Documenting troubleshooting steps and resolutions within a ticketing system
· Ability to expand your current knowledge base and skill set to incorporate new technologies
· Local travel on a daily basis in and around the Baltimore-Washington DC metro area.
Active Directory. MS Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Office applications, all modern versions of Microsoft Server and desktop, and workstation/printer configuration and troubleshooting, Critical thinking, Problem Solving, ability to work on your own.
Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, Linux, Ethernet wiring skills, Wi-Fi access point and endpoint configuration and troubleshooting. IP Networking to include network device (firewall, switch, etc)
Education and Other Requirements
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in required skills listed above
· Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
· Certified technical training required: CompTIA A+
· Must have dependable transportation.
· Must be able to work weekends and after-hours as necessary.
· Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written).
· Excellent Customer Service Skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Ability to work individually or as a member of a team
· Ability to work under pressure against deadlines.
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.